"Threats" - Jean Grae ft. Chen Lo
My brother introduced me to Jean Grae and this album about a month ago and I’ve been listening to it A LOT.
Going on right now in Ferguson: Police are raiding a church that has been stocked with medical supplies, food, and tear gas recovery kits for community members engaging in protests. This cannot be allowed to continue.
Stand up, speak out.
This is real life. (x)
But I am outraged. And if you aren’t outraged, then you aren’t paying attention. This is America in 2014. This is our reality. It’s so easy to get jaded and to ignore these atrocities, to act like this doesn’t affect us. It’s so easy to get apathetic. In the past it was the youth who protested. Where is the rage of the youth? Where is our rage?
Like I said, I am not Mike Brown. But I am outraged.
white people: made fun of on the internet
black people: profiled in real life and can be killed for looking out of place in a neighborhood
yeah i feel u it really does go both ways
Just because you believe one is worse doesn’t make it okay to do either
believe? where do personal beliefs come into play here. call me old fashioned but i’m pretty sure being murdered is still objectively worse than being made fun of.
this is important please spread
"14-year-old Parkview High School Freshman, Caleb Christian was concerned about the number of incidents of police abuse in the news. Still, he knew there were many good police officers in various communities, but had no way of figuring out which communities were highly rated and which were not.
So, together with his two older sisters: Parkview High School senior Ima Christian, and Gwinnett School of Math, Science, and Technology sophomore, Asha Christian, they founded a mobile app development company– Pinetart Inc., under which they created a mobile app called Five-O.
Five-O, allows citizens to enter the details of every interaction with a police officer. It also allows them to rate that officer in terms of courtesy and professionalism and provides the ability to enter a short description of what transpired. These details are captured for every county in the United States. Citizen race and age information data is also captured.
Additionally, Five-O allows citizens to store the details of each encounter with law enforcement; this provides convenient access to critical information needed for legal action or commendation.”
Polygons measuring spoon
I wants to have possess this thing nao please, preshussss.
Whoa. My brain likes this thing.
A small percentage of college students commit most of the rapes on campus. Research suggests that the attitudes of male friends can either lead men to commit rape or stop them.
A few key excerpts from this npr story (bolding mine):
In fact, they’d brag about what they had done afterwards to their friends. That implied endorsement from male friends — or at the very least, a lack of vocal objection — is a powerful force, perpetuating the idea that what these guys are doing is normal rather than criminal.
But in a group of guy friends, Oklahoma State’s Foubert says, the opinions that can end up influencing behavior are often just what a guy thinks his friends think.
"Let’s say you have a peer group of 10 guys," says Foubert. "One or two are constantly talking about, ‘Oh, I bagged this b- - -h.’ Many of the men listening to that are uncomfortable, but they think that the other men support it through their silence."
…by the time 18-year-olds leave for college, they need to be hearing this kind of challenge from their guy friends.
"This idea that getting somebody intoxicated, plastered, so that you can have sex with them is an idea we just simply are going to have to confront and erode," he says. "Just like we have eroded the idea that it’s fine to get drunk and get in your car."
…it’s important to remember that 90 percent of men have never committed a rape. The key is opening their eyes to what’s going on with the other 10 percent, so they can see it and intervene.
Good guys, “not all men” guys, it’s on you. Say something next time. Especially if you’re young.
If you’re doing my Adventure knit-a-long, you may have found something new in the mysterious trunk… If not, you still have plenty of time to open the trunk and get caught up before the first real section of knitting gets discovered on Thursday!
Newfies are really just big fluffy bears.
These pups are SO CUTE but they really can produce a lot of drool.
In case you need to smile now.
How can you look at a heavily armed police force aiming directly at unarmed black people and not think this is motherfucking fascism.